The new Android KitKat 4.4 – Facts and Predictions
The next update from Android is called 4.4 KitKat and it will be quite a significant one, waited by people all over the globe. It seems that the new operating system will be optimized considerably, as well as its basic apps, so that all smart phones with 512 MB of RAM will be able to use is at full power without any stumbling or lag.
To make your waiting easier, we compiled a list of phones and their possible date of update, with info coming either form the manufacturers or just pure rumors.
In what concerns the HTC, we know that the One model will be starting in mid-February, while the One Mini and One Max will be upgrading in about three months. The Google Play edition of the HTC One is rolling the new Android in this period, and the Droid DNA will have it by the end of March. So if you need help to unlock your HTC One device just check here.
The LG G2 will be releasing the update by the end of quarter on of this year, while other LG models such as the G Flex, Optimus models and the LG G Pad are rumored to also receive the upgrade in the first part of this year.
Samsung already has its S4 Google Play edition benefitting from KitKat, while the S4, the Note 3, the SIII and the Note II are just rumored to be upgraded in January and March. And we heard all the samsung devices running on Android 4.4 (KITKAT) are subject to REGION LOCKING. We can help how to unlock your Samsung phone!
Sony is rumored to upgrade the Xperia Z1 in early February while other models of Xperia such as the ZL, the Table Z or the SP have no clear timeframe for the update.
Motorola already has Android 4.4 KitKat rolling out on the DROID Ultra, Maxx and Mini and is planning to have it on other gadgets such as the DROID RAZR, the Atrix HD, the Electrify M and the Moto X and G, with no clear specification about the dates.
The Nexus Gadgets already have their updates available, so Nexus 4,7 and 10 owners are probably really happy already!
This was the information that we were able to offer. Hope it was helpful in your gadget shopping plans for the year. And if you need some help with your gadgets just feel free to visit here.
- The History of Samsung Galaxy S Series - Infographic
- Readers Choice - LG G5 vs Samsung Galaxy S7
- LG G5 vs Samsung Galaxy S7 vs Apple iPhone 6S Plus -The Hardware Contest
- The Phablet Fight - Note 5 vs iPhone 6S Plus vs LG V10
- Samsung S7 and S7 Edge Gets Information Leak From Inside Samsung
- Could the S7 Have a 12MP Camera?
- Other news
- How to unlock Moto G4 from Canadian Networks
- How to unlock Moto G4 from USA Networks
- How to unlock HTC 10 T-Mobile USA
- How to unlock HTC 10 O2 UK
- How to unlock HTC 10 Rogers Canada
- How to unlock HTC 10 Koodo Canada
- How to unlock HTC 10 Nextel Mexico
- How to unlock HTC 10 from European networks
- How to unlock HTC 10 from USA networks
- How to unlock HTC 10 for MetroPCS (USA)